3-Cheese Pizza With Broccoli Crust
- 2½ cups riced broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded, reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook broccoli in a microwave-safe dish, covered, for three minutes.
3. Once cooled, transfer “rice” to a cheesecloth or clean, thin dish towel
4. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, egg, one-third cup Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning, and mix well.
5. Form mixture into a circular or square pizza (1/3-inch thick) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, or onto a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are brown.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ricotta, red pepper, and garlic. Spread ricotta mixture onto broccoli crust, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, and top with broccoli florets. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
1 Serving | 1 Lean-0 + 3 Vegetables + 2 Extras