Bacon & Ricotta Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 pound assorted mini peppers (about 18)
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Meanwhile, cook turkey bacon in skillet, turning every 2-3 minutes until bacon is crispy (~8-10 minutes). Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, removing seeds and ribs. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella cheese, turkey bacon, egg, parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Fill peppers with the cheese mixture.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until ricotta is set and cheese is melted.
Per Serving: 1/2 Lean-0 | 1½ Vegetables