Bison Burger with Portabella Bun and Radish Chips
- 7 oz bison meat, cooked
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- Optional: lettuce and tomato slice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 6-10 medium-to-large radishes
Bison Burger with Portabella Bun:
1. Add garlic and a pinch of salt and black pepper to the bison meat.
2. Form two patties and grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. (Note: due to the low fat content in bison, the meat will cook fast and is typically served medium rare.)
3. Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil, grill over medium heat approximately two minutes per side. This will be the "bread" for both burgers.
1. Slice radishes into very thin chips and spread onto cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Lightly mist radish slices with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 5-10 mins or until crisp.
1 Lean-2 | 3 Vegetables | 2 Healthy Fats