Chicken & Kale Egg Wrap Quesadilla
- • Cooking spray
- • 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- • 1 cup kale, shredded
- • 1 Tbsp. water
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- • 3 oz. grilled chicken breast, chopped
- • 2 Egg wraps
- • 1/2 cup low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large frying pan, spray enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
2. On medium heat, add onion and sauté until softened, about three minutes.
3. Add kale and water. Cook until kale is bright green and wilted and the water has evaporated, another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped chicken and heat until just warmed through, another minute.
4. Remove onions, kale, and chicken from pan to a medium-sized bowl.
5. Increase heat to medium-high and grease pan with cooking spray once more.
6. Place an egg wrap in the pan and top with half of the shredded mozzarella. Evenly spread the filling from the bowl over the mozzarella, then top with the rest of the cheese, followed by the second wrap.
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes — the bottom will begin to crisp. Press the top wrap down with a spatula to help bind together.
8. Using a large spatula, flip the quesadilla over, and cook for additional 3-4 minutes to crisp the other side.
9. Remove from pan. Slice and serve.