- 2 chicken breasts, 5 ounces cooked each
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning or all-purpose seasoning blend, see notes
- 1 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 cups cauliflower rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp cucumber, chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 tbsp reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- hot sauce, optional
- 1.5 ounces sliced avocado
- For Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat-free
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 leaf fresh mint, minced
- 1 tbsp grated cucumber
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Seasoning both sides with Greek seasoning or all-purpose blend. Press down so seasoning sticks well, this will help create an herby crust. Add olive/avocado oil or non-stick spray to a skillet, heat skillet over medium. Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook on the first side for about 7 minutes, or until nicely browned. Flip, and cover. Cook for another 7-10 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
2. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the yogurt sauce. In a small bowl, combine all of the yogurt sauce ingredients. Set aside.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken breasts once rested.
4. Assemble the bowls by placing 1 cup of cooked cauliflower rice on the bottom of each bowl. Arrange sliced chicken breasts over the cauli rice. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, and feta cheese. Top with a dollop of the prepared yogurt sauce. Garnish with fresh mint or lemon if desired, and your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!
Per Serving: 1 Complete Fresh and Lean Meal
Edina client Laura created this delicious Fresh and Lean recipe!
I used a locally made gourmet chicken seasoning blend that had a ton of dried herbs, nothing was ground into a powder, so you could actually see the herbs which I like. I’ve also used a salt-free Greek blend before that is really good. I like to look for blends without sugar or added unknown ingredients.