Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz. (2 cups) reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- Chives for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium pot, steam cauliflower florets in about one quarter to one-half cup of water on medium-high heat un- til tender.
2. Mash cauliflower. Add broth, salt, garlic powder, and on- ion powder to pot, and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
4. Transfer mixture to a blender (or use an immersion blend- er), and puree soup until smooth. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 3 Fresh, 1 Lean-0, 3 Extras