Grilled Hot Dog with Cucumber Caprese Salad
- 6 turkey or chicken hot dogs, grilled (~70-80 cal/hot dog, <6g fat, 0 carbs, 6-7g protein)
- Caprese Salad Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 1/2 cups cucumber peeled, sliced, and quar- tered
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 8 oz part-skim mozzarella
1. In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Peel washed cucumber, scrape the skin with a fork up and down a few times. Slice thin, and dice into quarters. Add to medium sized bowl.
3. Quarter cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl with the cucumbers.
4. Slice mozzarella into bite-sized pieces, and add to bowl of cucumbers and tomatoes.
5. Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well.
6. Allow to sit for 10-minutes before serving.
7. Serve 1/6 of the salad with 1 grilled hot dog and ENJOY!
Per Serving:2 Fresh + 2/3 Lean-0 + 1 Healthy Fat + 1 Extra