Hearty Taco Dip
- 1 1⁄2 lb 95 to 97% lean ground beef or turkey
- 1⁄2 cup low carb tomato sauce (less than 5 g of carbs per 1⁄4 cup)
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning, divided
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce jarred jalapeno slices
- Optional garnish: green onions
1. In a large skillet, crumble and cook ground beef. Drain excess fat.
2. Add tomato sauce, 2 tbsp taco seasoning, and green chiles stirring until combined. Let simmer for about 2 minutes.
3. Spread ground beef mixture on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish and let cool to room temperature.
4. Use a hand mixer to mix Greek yogurt, softened cream cheese, and 1 tbsp taco seasoning in a medium sized bowl until well blended. Spread over ground beef layer.
5. Sprinkle cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes on top. Add jalapeno slices and garnish with green onions, if desired.
6. Divide into 6 equal portions. Serve with Livea Spicy Queso Chips, bell peppers, or celery!
Per Serving: 1 Fresh, Lean-1, 1 Healthy Fat, 3 Extras