Kelp and Tofu Soup
- 1/2 cup dried kelp
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp. white miso
- 6 oz. firm tofu, diced
1. Place kelp in a medium bowl, cover with water and let soak for 20 minutes to rehydrate.
2. Combine scallions, garlic, sesame oil and pepper in another bowl.
3. Add the scallion mixture to a medium saucepan and cook over high heat, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in 4 cups of water and miso paste. Reduce the heat to medium-low so the liquid does not boil. Whisk to dissolve the miso.
5. Drain the seaweed and stir it into the soup along with tofu. Cook over medium-low for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and serve.
Per Serving: 2 Fresh + ½ Lean-1 + 1 Healthy Fat + 2 Extras