Lightened Up Eggs Benedict
- 2 thick tomato slices 1/2 inch thick
- 3 oz spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt 1%
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter sprinkles (Butter Buds®)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Per Serving: 1/4 Fresh + 1 Lean-0 + 2 Extras
1. Place 1 tomato slice on each serving plate. Salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
2. Lightly grease a skillet with cooking spray, add spinach and cook on medium-high until wilted. Remove spinach from skillet and place on top of tomato slices.
3. Crack one egg into a small cup.
4. Place about 1-2 inches of water in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower to a very low simmer. Add salt and vinegar.
5. With the handle of a wooden spoon, stir water to create a whirlpool effect. Drop egg into the center. Allow to cook 3 minutes.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon when you see the whites of egg are set. Set aside.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 for the second egg.
8. Using the same saucepan with water at a low simmer, place a stainless steel bowl (larger than the sauce pan) to sit on rim of pan but not touch boiling water.
9. Whisk yolks in bowl until mixture looks about doubled in volume. Add in butter sprinkles and continue to whisk until combined. Stir in yogurt and lemon juice and heat through. Add salt to taste.
10. Top each tomato slice and spinach with poached egg, and pour over Hollandaise sauce.
11. Top with freshly ground pepper, chives, and/or hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately.