Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 12.5-oz can low-sodium chicken breast (in water), drained
- 6 oz avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups shredded, low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 24 mini bell peppers, halved with stem, seeds, and membranes removed
1. Sauté the diced jalapeno in a lightly greased skillet until tender.
2. Mix the jalapeno, chicken, avocado, yogurt, one cup of cheese, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
3. Arrange the mini bell peppers in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Fill with chicken mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and broil until cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
4. Garnish with scallions and serve with salsa, if desired.
Yields: 4 Servings, 12 Pepper Halves Per Serving
Per Serving (12 pepper halves per serving): 1 Lean-1 | 3 Vegetables | 1 Healthy Fat