Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 6 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb. thinly shaved deli roast beef
- 4 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese • 4, 1-oz. slices reduced fat provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice peppers in half, lengthwise. Remove ribs and seeds and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in broth over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until tender.
4. Mix in the roast beef and heat through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in cream cheese. 5. Line the inside of each bell pepper with a quarter slice of cheese. Next, fill each pepper with an eighth of the roast beef mixture, then top with the another quarter slice of cheese. Repeat for remaining bell pepper halves. Bake for 15-20 minutes until peppers are tender and cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
Per Serving (2 Bell Pepper Halves): 1 Lean-0 | 3 Vegetables | 3 Extras