- 1 small to medium sized spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 lbs shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cut squash in half; remove seeds and pulp strands. Place both halves in a microwave-safe bowl face down with an inch of water. Microwave for 10-12 minutes, or until tender (microwave times will vary based on size of squash and power of microwave). Allow squash to cool before handling. Use fork to scrape out flesh into spaghetti-like strands. Measure out 5 cups, and save extra for another meal.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Saute the garlic until fragrant- about 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice, parsley, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp is tender and pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, and continue to cook until heated through. Remove from heat, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Per Serving: 1 Lean-2 | 3 Vegetables | 2 Healthy Fats | 1 Extra