Thyme and Sage Roasted Turkey
- 1, 12-13 lb. whole turkey, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried sage
- 2 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Position your oven rack in the bottom third of the oven, and preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Remove any packaging in the body and neck cavaties of the turkey. Let it sit breast-side up on a roasting rack. 3. Whisk together the olive oil, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Make a slit in the skin of the turkey, and rub mixture all over turkey meat.
4. Pour two cups of water into the roasting pan, and turn down the heat to 350° F.
5. Roast turkey for one hour uncovered. When turkey begins to turn golden brown, shield breast with foil. Continue to roast for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until minimum internal temperature reaches 165° F.
6. Transfer turkey to cutting board and tent with aluminum foil; let rest for about 15-30 minutes before carving. Measure out six ounces per serving; save any leftovers for another meal.
Per Serving: 1 Lean-1 | 1 Healthy Fat