- Cooking Spray
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup okra
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 10 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, raw
- 10 oz fresh crab meat
1. Heat large skillet or medium pot over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with cooking spray.
2. Saute the bell peppers and onion for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, and hot sauce. Stir for additional 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Mix in okra, water, and Cajun seasoning. Continue to stir.
5. Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
6. Turn the heat back to medium-high, and add shrimp. Continue to cook until shrimp is pearly and opaque.
7. Add the crab meat and continue to stir.
8. Remove the pot from the burner and let sit for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Per Serving: 1 Lean-2 | 3 Vegetables | 2 Extras