Zucchini Cheese Pizza Casserole
- 3½ cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini (2 medium)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 oz. reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 lb. 90-94% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1, 14.5 oz. can petite diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place zucchini in a strainer, & sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then press to release moisture.
3. Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan, and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. 4. Press mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in a medium skillet until done
6. Pour beef mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top with green pepper.
7. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through
Per Serving: 1 Lean-0 | 3 Vegetables | 2 Extras