Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (93% fat-free)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 ultra-thin slices cheddar cheese, each cut into 6 evenly -sized rectangular pieces
- 3 pieces turkey bacon, cooked according to package directions, each cut into 8 evenly-sized rectangular pieces
- 24 low-sodium dill pickle chips
- 4-6 large green leaf lettuce leaves, torn into 24 (total) small square-shaped pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine the beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in a medium-sized bowl, and mix well. Form mixture into 24 small meatballs (about one tablespoon per meatball). Place meatballs onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Leave oven on.
3. Top each meatball with a piece of cheese, then return to the oven until cheese melts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Let meatballs cool.
4. To assemble: on a toothpick layer a cheese covered meatball, piece of bacon, pickle chip, piece of lettuce, and tomato half, in that order.
1 Serving (6 Bites Per Serving): 1 Lean-0 | 1 Vegetable | 3 Extras