Cauliflower Egg Bake
- 8 oz ground turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked, cut into pieces
- 2 cups 2% Mexican style shredded cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 16 oz egg whites or egg beaters •
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a 9x13 in baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown turkey sausage.
4. Measure out 8 oz of cooked turkey sausage with a food scale and return back to skillet.
5. Add cauliflower and onions; sauté until caramelized and season with salt and pepper.
6. Spread sausage and cauliflower in prepared baking dish and sprinkle turkey bacon and 1 cup of cheese on top. 7. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and almond milk. Pour over sausage and cauliflower mixture. 8. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 1 Lean-0 | 1/2 Vegetables | 1/2 Extras