Tofu Power Bowl
- 15 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cubed eggplant
- 1/2 cup grated cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
1. Press tofu: Place tofu strip onto multiple layers of paper towel or a clean dishcloth on top of a plate or cutting board. Place another layer of paper towels or another clean dish towel on top of the tofu. Place weight on top of this second layer (this could be a large plate with canned foods on top or a couple of hard cover books). Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
2. Heat sesame oil in large skillet. Place cubed tofu on one half of the skillet and the cubed eggplant on the other half. Cook both until lightly browned and tender, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add kale, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and saute until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Microwave the grated cauliflower in a small bowl with one teaspoon of water for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
4. Arrange cauliflower “rice” with tofu, eggplant, and kale in a bowl.
Per Serving: 1 Lean-1 | 1 Healthy Fat | 3 Vegetables | 2 Extras