Zucchini Spinach Manicotti
- 2 Large Zucchini
- 1½ cups part-skim ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 1½ cups reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup low-carb tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Using a mandolin slicer, slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices; set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta, egg, spinach, ½ cup mozzarella, parmesan, salt, and nutmeg.
4. Layer three slices of zucchini parallel to each other, and so that they are slightly overlapping one another. Place a large spoonful of ricotta mixture on one end of the zucchini slices, and roll up the zucchini. Place the stuffed zucchini next to each other into a lightly-greased 9x9-inch baking dish
5. Pour tomato sauce over top of zucchini, and then sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 1 Lean-0 | 3 Vegetables | 1 Extra